IT Test Manager
Husqvarna Group is the world’s leading producer of outdoor power products for forest, park and garden care, watering products and power tools for construction. Husqvarna Group sells their products all over the world, with a focus in Europe, North America and Asia. They are dedicated to profitable growth and the road ahead is paved for continued successful development. Husqvarna Group consists of three divisions; Husqvarna, Gardena and Construction.
We are now hiring a Test Manager for Husqvarna Group. This is one of several roles that Husqvarna Group is recruiting to ensure the successful implementation of, and transition to, a Cloud ERP environment across its entire global organisation.
As the Test Manager within the Cloud ERP project, you will be responsible for planning, managing, directing and coordinating the test activities for the project. You will also have a key role in the automation of all testing, and you will report to the IT Project Manager for the project.
If you have experience in planning and executing large-scale applications testing on cloud-based and/or ERP applications, and you enjoy being at the interface between business needs and IT suppliers, you might be the right person for the position. This is a global role that can be based at any of Husqvarna’s sites in Gothenburg, Stockholm or Huskvarna.
Background to the Cloud ERP project
In a world of connected services, omni-channel sales and customer experience, a modern and harmonized IT backbone is an important business enabler. The core of Husqvarna’s IT backbone is the ERP, used to support key business functions such as sales & distribution, customer service, supply & logistics, purchasing, manufacturing, service centers and finance.
Husqvarna Group’s strategy 2025 contains ambitious plans connected to customer experience, partnerships, data and services. In order to fully realize these strategic ambitions and goals, Husqvarna’s IT backbone will be modernized to support the transformation needed. A journey has therefore been started to implement and transition to a Cloud ERP environment across the global organization.
Your role at Husqvarna Group
As the Test Manager, you will hold the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the Cloud ERP project reaches its agreed functional, system and integration requirements. This entails defining and developing the test strategy, test activities and responsibilities, test stages and methods, test cases and detailed schedules.
You will collaborate closely with the test coordinator of the System Integrator/ERP platform vendors, along with business testers/super users from the Husqvarna business, to define requirements and coordinate the setup of the test environment, test data management and test tool selection. Additionally, you will drive the formulation of the test automation strategy, a key area for improvement for the Husqvarna Group.
This role will be placed within the Global Information Services (GIS) team. An overall program level oversees the Cloud ERP project within GIS, and you will report to the IT Project Manager for the project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading all testing activities within the Cloud ERP project.
- Monitoring and controlling test process quality and results.
- Designing and executing functional, system and integration testing.
- Designing and executing non-functional tests (e.g. performance).
- Executing test services.
- Reviewing project deliverables (test concept, test cases, scripts, test documentation, test reporting, error handling etc.).
- Manage status reporting and testing resources.
- Handling and reporting issues and errors.
- Automating regression tests.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced software testing manager, who is also a good leader with sound business understanding. You have previously worked with all phases of testing, from strategy to error reporting, in large-scale IT transformation projects.
Your personal characteristics include teamwork skills, willingness to learn, attention to details, enthusiasm, personal drive, flexibility, and the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
While you will not have direct personnel responsibilities, you will manage virtual teams and lead and support colleagues that belong to other teams. You should therefore have strong interpersonal skills.
Ideally you have:
- Either a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of software testing with substantial knowledge and experience of both planning and executing large-scale applications testing on cloud-based and/or ERP applications.
- Knowledge of integration between applications and external systems.
- Relevant business knowledge in areas like sales, distribution, manufacturing, procurement, finance and/or aftersales.
- Experience of test automation.
- Strong communication skills (speaking and writing).
- Fluent, professional English (speaking and writing).
- Previous experience in a global manufacturing business in cross-functional teams and/or working in multinational teams cross continents is a strong merit.
This recruitment is being managed by OnePartnerGroup. Initial contact should be made via responsible recruitment consultants, Marcus Rosenblom and Lotta Ryman, who can also answer your questions. Contact Marcus on tel. +46 (0) 36 440 90 11 or [email protected] and Lotta on tel +46 (0) 73 394 79 12 or [email protected]