Örebro län, Örebro | Ingenjörsyrken
Software Test Engineer till Danfoss
The world faces growing populations, booming urbanization and rapid climate change. At Danfoss, we engineer ready-to-use solutions to these challenges. We build energy-efficient solutions that reduce food loss and make cities cleaner – using digital technology to make systems smarter and more connected – and we engineer innovative new ways to save energy and transition to clean energy for the good of our climate.
Danfoss’ Power Solutions in Älmhult is now seeking one more SW Test Engineer for embedded control systems to create automated tests to ensure the embedded software and features work as intended throughout the product development and release process.
Essential duties and responsibilities
The Software Test Engineer plays an important role in our overall software development process. Because the Software Test Engineer will be testing the embedded software on our automated test environment, the testing scope goes beyond unit testing and instead focuses on how to best ensure software quality by developing software tests that can run on a variety of hardware configurations and across a variety of test environments.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities
- Execute embedded software test projects from planning through maintenance for new and existing products.
- Participate in global automated test development team. Contribute to and comply with global defined process, methods, and tools.
- Develop and maintain automated verification test programs for testing software functionality.
- Analyze regression test runs and perform other maintenance testing as well as manual verification testing.
- Maintain the automated test environment in order to support various test requests from colleagues.
- Other duties as required.
As a person, you are open and curious with an innovative mind! You have the ability to organize and take responsibility for delivering upon set goals. You are a true problem solver and you always have the business and the customer in focus.
You show openness, willpower, drive and you enjoy working in a fast pace environment, focused on results. You are passionate about the context of people, technology and business, making it work together. You have good communication skills, and you have the ability to co-operate with colleagues and stakeholders on different levels.
Basic Minimum Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Software/Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science Engineering. Master’s Degree with advanced course work in areas relevant to product development is preferred.
- Create and maintain test plans, test cases, test reports, and other documentation, estimate effort required and hold a committed schedule.
- Create and maintain automated tests.
- Predict reliability of the software.
- Able to contribute as a member of an organized project team of engineers.
- Experience with black box test design and techniques.
- Understand various test needs in an agile and continuous development environment
- Knowledgeable about various test environments (simulation, emulators, HIL, prototypes, and released products)
- Experience with Python
- Test hardware related to data acquisition and control
- Ability to work with electrical hardware in a test environment.
- Ability to read schematics and work with test equipment (DMM, oscilloscopes, function generator, etc.)
- Ability to understand and adhere to a defined software process
- Experience with Software Configuration Management Tools such as Git, SVN etc
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with LabVIEW, NI TestStand
- Experience testing control electronics and embedded software.
Danfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. Danfoss is respected around the world for its innovative, high-quality technologies and solutions. You will learn a lot by working with the experts who develop them. Join Danfoss to be part of a world-class team of over 27,000 people in 56 countries that engineer tomorrow and build a better future.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
We look forward to receiving your application in English by 7th of June 2020. Please note that we will handle applications on a continuous basis, so do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible. In this recruitment we cooperate with OnePartnerGroup. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Recruitment Consultant Emma Hördegård, +46470-32 38 39/ [email protected]